Thursday 30 June 2011

The Good and the BAD...

Let me just start off saying I have always loved and supported our Armed Forces...

But lately I've had a love/hate relationship with the military!  When I married M, I knew what I was getting into.  I knew the commitments and hardships that came with being a military wife, or should I say thought I knew!

Love-

 Matt had a week of work to do in Cyprus, so I was able to indulge down with him and enjoy some beach time!  Matt's days were relatively short compared to how he works at home (thanks to the Cypriot way), and the island was BEAUTIFUL!!!  We had so much to explore together!  The water was the most beautiful blueish-green, and clear as day!  It was a bit chilly, but the sun was HOT, so you just had to lay out for a bit!  We ate a traditional meze, swam around Aphrodite's rock for good luck,  went through the mountains on a wine tour, and ended up at the highest point on the Island!  It was a truly great experience, and I have the military to thank for it!
A beautiful hillside taverna
The Cliffs @ sunset
Fish meze in Glyfather, Greece
The beach with Sea Turtle nests...M was a swimming turtle!
Aphrodite's rock!

Our hotel in Pissouri
Our favorite traditional meze





Hate-

After months of waiting and stressing over M's next posting, we got word the middle of last week that he will be sent "out of area" (aka deployed) in September for six months! WHAT!!???!!!  This was a huge slap in the face to both of us, but especially M.  He's worked his butt off the past two years just to get a good, no great, recommendation for his dream job (which he did)!  For those months that we were waiting, promises were made over and over again to us that this is where we will be going next!  For them to turn around and tell us different, and worse that they will take my husband away for half of a year...is an outrage!  We had planned so many things for our life in those six months...big things, and now it will all be taken away from us!  Please, don't get me wrong, I know a lot of families that are affected by a member being deployed, a lot of families worse off than M and I!  It's all about how they went about it!  So needless to say, big M will be away for six months while M, m, and I will try to keep the house and life together here!

J

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and that yall got to take such a fun vacation. So glad we got to talk yesterday! I'm so sorry about his work situation :( If you need to come crash at our house, let me know ;) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete